Here is a quick and simple gift wrap idea, using solid wrapping paper, assortment of ribbon, and the one store bought gift bow that I actually like.
1. Wrap the gift box with a solid colored paper
2. Pick out ribbons with varying widths and colors. These should contrast yet complement the wrapping paper.
3. Beginning with the widest ribbon, layer the ribbons onto the box all in one direction, taping each ribbon at the bottom of the box.
4. Rotate the box and attach additional ribbons perpendicular to the previously placed ribbons.
5. Pin the gift bow at the top center of the box. We used the ombre striped / clear bow from Target.
6. Attach gift tag.